Architect / Architectural Intern
The Architect / Architectural Intern provides assistance throughout the building design process, including programming, preparation of design and construction documents, presentation materials, schematic design, design development, contract documents, and construction administration activities under routine guidance.
• 3+ years of experience preferred
• Degree from an accredited university preferred
• Architectural registration and LEED credentials are preferred
• Desire to pursue growth opportunities and obtain registration
• Understanding of building codes, standards, and building structures
• Ability to preserve design intent throughout a project
• Strong organizational, written, and verbal skills
• Experience in large multi-family and commercial projects
• Experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office required
• Experience with Sketchup preferred
• Programming, planning, and conceptual design
• Managing multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, etc.
• Preparation of Design Development & Construction Documents
• Process submittals/substitution requests during construction and address RFI’s
• Interface with regulatory officials during the permitting and construction phases of project
• GDA utilizes these software programs: Revit, Sketchup, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office
Please submit your resume, cover letter and design samples that best illustrate your design ability.